About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Catrina and I am an AS Media Student. I'm very laid back and i love to have fun. I like to sing and show off my skills. Smiles all round! :)

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Notion of Protection - BBFC

Censorship/classification is to protect the public and their moral issues towards life and living.

(Information obtained form OCR textbook)
Film censorship does not, simply, mean the banning of violent or films with sexual content. There are many reasons why films have produced outrage in the past and have been either banned or cut/edited.

Even the record-breaking Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, though not censored, raised concerns. It was teachers who warned that a dangerous interest in the occult could be s possible outcome of the film's huge influence over children. As is often the case, it was only the film release that raised any concern (the same was true of A Clockwork Orange and Crash, both acceptable in novel form).

The BBFC have to take a number of issues into consideration when classifying films:

1. Sexual violence
2. Emphasis on the process of violence and sadism
3. Glamorisation of weapons that are both particularly dangerous and not already well-know in Britain
4. Ill-treatment of animals or child actors
5. Details of imitable, dangerous or criminal techniques
6. Blasphemous images or dialogue

No comments:

Post a Comment