About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Catrina and I am an AS Media Student. I'm very laid back and i love to have fun. I like to sing and show off my skills. Smiles all round! :)

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Target Audience - Grouping.

The ACORN system isn't the only way that a target audience can be based on. A target audience can also be based on the audiences personal preference and style. In this case, I am basing my research on film and genre. This system also has 6 different catagories: Passive, Active, Headonist, Preferred, Traditional, and Post-modern.

Passive - these consumers are people that dont necessarily go to watch a film by their own choice, they go because either their partner, friends of children wants to.

Active - these consumers are people that act upon the adverts of a film and go to watch it through purely their own choice.

Headonist - these consumers take risks. purely committed to their own enjoyment they will choose films which look good, they don't just base themselves on the same genre.

Preferred - these consumers don't specifically committ themselves to a genre, however they will choose to go and watch a film fo the preferred choice, this is the target audience that the product has been aimed at.

Traditional - these consumers are maybe seen as a 'dad' type figure following a traditional structure eg. watching the series of James Bond over and over again. This type of person would choose to continuously watch the same genre of film because they know they like it and they are not willing to take risks.

Post-modernist - These consumers are very much up-to-date. They too take risks, however they base themselves on re-made films. They like to refer back to the past by comparing an old film against it's modernised version.

My main consideration for my own film noir is making sure I have a target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment